We are looking to add a few black sheep to our flock. Do you want to spend your time in a creative, enjoyable and supportive work environment? We work hard, have a ton of fun and lean on each other in each department to make this cut and sew, USA production facility run like a top. You want in? Check out the information below for a full list of benefits, job descriptions and instructions on how to apply.
Perks of the Job:
- Coworkers at Oveja Negra receive up to 4 weeks off per year with 2 of those weeks paid
- $400 annual company gift card
- Flexible work schedule
- Generous insurance package for those who average at least 36 hours a week
- Year end bonuses equal to 2% of your annual gross income that increases by .5% each calendar year
- Paid health insurance for full-time employees
- $1,000 Wellness Credit for full-time
- $500 Wellness Credit for part-time
- AAAAAND a rad job in a super fun Colorado mountain town!!
To Apply: Email a resume, cover letter, and a short story about your favorite day out adventuring to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line. If you’re applying from out of town, please familiarize yourself with Salida, housing availability, and the cost of living here prior to sending your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
Equal Employment Opportunity: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.
There are currently openings in the following positions:
Shipping & Customer Service
Job Opening: Shipping & Customer Service - full time preferred, minimum 24 hours/week
- Fulfilling and shipping out customer orders
- Answering phone calls and emails from customers, potential customers, and dealers
- Providing professional and excellent customer service
- Working with customers who walk up to purchase in store, especially in busy summer months
- Detailed final inspection of finished bags to get them ready for sale
- Assisting with pre-production and production duties when needed and possible: cutting fabric, pressing plastic, cutting foam, sorting, etc.
- Receiving, processing, and putting deliveries away in proper locations
- Entering product into inventory and managing an accurate inventory count
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Top-notch customer service skills and abilities
- Basic knowledge of bicycles, bike industry, and bikepacking is necessary
- Expert ability to work in a multi-task environment with a team
- Solid communication skills and the ability to communicate with the team
- Basic computer skills and abilities
- Ability to exercise initiative and judgment as well as make decisions within the scope of assigned authority
- Ability to interpret, understand policies and procedures and relate them to others
- Ability to resolve difficult matters in an appropriate and effective manner
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, meet deadlines and organize multiple duties
- Ability to complete repetitive tasks and work with your hands on a daily basis
- Ability to safely handle and operate sharp tools and lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work on your feet for extended periods of time
- Ability to abide by all factory safety requirements
Hourly Wage: Training rate of $15.00/hour with potential to earn $18-$20/hour within the first year based upon performance and quarterly reviews