We are looking to add a few black sheep to our flock. Do you want to spend your time in a creative, enjoyable, and supportive work environment? We work hard, have a ton of fun, and lean on each other in each department to make this cut and sew, USA production facility run like a top. You want in? Check out the information below for a full list of benefits, job descriptions and instructions on how to apply.
Perks of the Job:
- Coworkers at Oveja Negra receive up to 4 weeks off per year with 2 of those weeks paid
- $400 annual company gift card
- Flexible work schedule
- Year end bonuses equal to 2% of your annual gross income that increases by .5% each calendar year
- Paid health insurance for full-time employees
- $1,000 Wellness Credit for full-time
- $500 Wellness Credit for part-time
- AAAAAND a rad job in a super fun Colorado mountain town!!
To Apply: Email a resume, cover letter, and a short story about your favorite day out adventuring to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line. If you’re applying from out of town, please familiarize yourself with Salida, housing availability, and the cost of living here prior to sending your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
Equal Employment Opportunity: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.
There are currently openings in the following positions:
Sewing Technician - Full & Part Time
See full description below.
Sewing Technician - full time preferred, minimum of 24 hours/week
- Sew first-quality bags and sub-assembly pieces
- Operate drop feed, walking foot, bar tacker, and cylinder bed machines to make various products and assembly pieces for products
- Occasional inspecting, cutting, pressing, and hot cutting
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of or prior experience working in a production or manufacturing facility
- Experience with industrial or home sewing, or operating other machines
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills, how to sew various products, and techniques as well as take constructive feedback from others
- Detail oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to focus in a busy environment
- Solid communication skills and the ability to ask questions to ensure understanding of expectations
- Ability to exercise initiative and judgment as well as make decisions within the scope of assigned authority
- Ability to deal with difficult situations as they arise and to resolve matters in an appropriate and effective manner
- Willingness to be a team player: sew the products that are most needed first, learn new products, and help out in other areas if necessary
- Love of bikes appreciated but not required
- Ability to complete repetitive tasks and work with your hands on a daily basis
- Ability to focus and do near-sighted work for extended periods of time
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to abide by all factory safety requirements
- Ability to lift 30lbs on a regular basis
Wage Information: $18-$30 based on experience and skill.